A. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
All prospective presenters are encouraged to craft a proposal that demonstrates a dynamic and innovative presentation. The presentation should be interesting, exciting, effective, unique and memorable. Use of case studies, discussions, and group activities are encouraged. Please refer to Section 5 on Presentation Selection to learn more about the selection criteria.
1) Style and Format:
To capture consistent information and be entered into a streamlined speaker selection process, speaker proposals should be submitted according to the following guidelines:
• Submit a Speaker Proposal Application online form
• In order to maintain a consistent look and feel, speaker headshot photos should be high resolution print quality professional headshots of the head and shoulders only. Headshots will be used for promotional purposes on the ProjectCon® website, social media, event promotional collateral, and the event program. Headshot images must follow these guidelines:
o Copyright release to ProjectCon® and Conference Fuel to print and reproduce royalty-free w/o photographer attribution
o Head and shoulders and no more than chest up
o Able to be cropped to a square orientation
o 300 ppi
o A minimum of 400 pixels (px) for the width
o RGB color space
o File types accepted: .jpg, .eps, .pdf, .psd
2) Presentation Delivery:
The following will be provided or available by the event venue or Conference Fuel:
• Windows Laptop with a web browser
• Projector and projection screen or presentation TV
• Wired Podium Microphone
• Wireless Lapel/Lavalier Microphone
• Wireless Slide Advance device w/ laser pointer
• Theatre style or round table seating (please request round table seating in the Special Requests section, if required)
• Green Room for speakers to prepare and relax pre/post session with water, mints, and snacks provided
• Breakfast and lunch provided in the same manner at the attendees
• Conference admission
If you have any special requests for your session, please include it into the application from in the Special Requests section.
• ProjectCon® is an EPIC Project and Product Management conference.
• Audience Profile: 60% male, 40% female; age 36 – 56; Majority Industries: Information Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Pharma, Financial Services; Job titles/roles: C-level, Directors, Managers, Project Managers, Business Analyst, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Managers/Owners; local professional organizations represented include local PMI Chapter(s), Agile Indy, local IIBA Chapter(s), ASQ, among others.
• Expected Attendance: Audience size for ProjectCon® ranges between 500 and 1000+ depending on the venue. Keynotes will be attended by all attendees in a general session. Concurrent Breakout Sessions will allow for a capacity of approximately 40-200 (depending on the timeslot, breakout session, topic, morning or afternoon, room availability, etc.). We do not require attendees to pre-register for breakout sessions.
4) Presentation Selection:
• Selection Process: All speaker selections are at the sole discretion of ProjectCon® and Conference Fuel and may include but not limited to: interviews, references, review of videos, review of social media, review of websites, review of reviews and feedback, and the submitted presentation. All speaker agreements are contingent on approval of the submitted presentation and materials.
• Selection Criteria: Selection criteria may include but is not limited to alignment with the latest industry standards, overall quality, audience testimonials from previous speaking engagements, references, presenter’s professional qualifications, overall presentation quality, organization and relevance, and balance of presentation topics across the event schedule.
• In consideration of the attendees experience, speakers shall not use a conference session for product or service sales pitches, consulting opportunities, self-promotion or unwarranted criticism of a competitor or organization. Presentations should only advance the educational process. Speakers are not permitted to distribute ANY company or self-promotional literature, brochures, business cards, or sales materials in any form to attendees during their session.
• ProjectCon® reserves the right to reject and not select any speaker proposal submitted. ProjectCon® reserves the right to reject any speaker and/or presentation material whose content is offensive or defamatory, explicitly unethical or if it contains content that is politically sensitive, supports racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal activities and terrorism, or contains unwarranted criticism.
5) Speaker Benefits:
• Pre- and post-event promotion via: emails, brochures, website, relevant social media
• Recognition before, during, and after the event on the event website
• Increased visibility and credibility in the eyes of fellow professionals
• The opportunity to share ideas, knowledge, thought leadership, and experience with ProjectCon® delegates across various industries
Some, but not all, speakers may receive compensation. We preference speakers that recognize the value of speaking at ProjectCon® as an opportunity to grow, gain experience, and exposure. ProjectCon® may reimburse presenters for travel expenses. All speaker honorarium fees shall be all inclusive. Reimbursement for travel expenses is handled separately accordance with Conference Fuel’s Travel Reimbursement Policy.
7) Intellectual Property and Ownership of Presentation Materials:
Presentations should consist only of the speaker’s original work, and it should not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including any copyright, trademark and privacy rights), is factually accurate, and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful. The speaker will be the sole copyright holder of the presentation, or that he or she has obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any persons or organizations whose material is included or used in his or her presentation.
9) Permission to Photograph and Record:
Speakers agree that Conference Fuel and ProjectCon® may make audio and video recordings of Speaker’s performance and include all or portions of such recordings or photography in promotional media publications. Speakers agree that photographs, video, or recordings made by Conference Fuel and ProjectCon® will be used for commercial promotional purposes in any manner.. Speakers will not be compensated and agree to allow Conference Fuel and ProjectCon® to use indefinitely any and all photographs, video and audio recording royalty-free.
10) Speaker Schedules
All selected speakers must sign a speaker agreement either personally or by their authorized legal agent. With the exception of Keynote speakers, concurrent breakout session speakers may be asked to agree to present between one (1) and up to four (4) presentations during each day of ProjectCon® each lasting approximately one (1) hour. This allows Conference Fuel the flexibility to fill and adjust the event schedule as needed for the benefit of all attendees up to the event date. Speakers agree that schedules wherever posted or communicated are tentative and subject to change at any time without notice up until the day of the event. Speaker schedules will be distributed to all speakers the day of the event at speaker registration/check-in. If a speaker needs more concrete information than this for what ever reason including travel arrangements or exceptions, the speaker must contact Conference Fuel as soon as possible to make arrangements.